Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dear Bargainista - #7

Mish from Toronto writes:
I want to get a HOT bar set...something that I can have for a really really long time with a classic look?

I like the stuff at William Ashley and will probably go there, but if you have any other suggestions, that would be great.
•••

Hi Mish,

You’ve got great taste. I’d definitely check out William Ashley.

Mich (my fashionista sis) has the following suggestion: “To me, a good vintage set is best. It has more character and unique qualities.”

She’s amazing at scoring finds at antique shows and sales. Her last find was an old chair she had remodeled. It’s amazing and cost a fraction of the price of what she would have paid for a new chair of the same quality and style.

You should also check out The Main Course on Avenue Rd. (map). If you’re looking at mix ’n match, they have a bargain basement. Sometimes you can find entire sets and other times odd pieces or partial sets at great prices.

Try it out and let me know what you think. Leave a comment.

Cheers,
Eden

Dear Bargainista would love to hear from you too! Have a question about shopping, fashion or food? E-mail us.

Technorati tags: bar sets, glassware, shopping, The Main Course, William Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments