Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Weekly wish - outfit for Ultimate Platinum

I scored two tickets for the Toronto Fashion Incubator’s Ultimate Platinum event on April 17 at The Carlu, but I haven’t got a thing to wear.

This week I’m wishing for some new clothes designed by homegrown designers. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a choice?

I can’t remember the last time I bought an outfit from a local designer or any designer for that matter! I used to own several and loved shopping at a boutique with only a limited number of each item. My disposable income pretty much disappeared with the onset of motherhood. I’ve been living up to my bargain shopper reputation ever since.

Just thinking about designer wear is giving me goosebumps. The care that goes into designing each outfit - cut, fabric, fit, workmanship - a wearable piece of art!

This week, my wish list is from the spring ’07 colletions of two Ultimate Platinum designers:
Arthur Mendonça’s fabulous metallic sheath dress for a more formal evening; and,
Jason Malto’s sexy, sporty three-piece pant suit is just my understated style and perfect for the Ultimate Platinum event. I love the cropped leather jacket, deep-cut top and sleek black pants.

• Do you like these outfits? Would you add them to your wish list?
• Are you going to Ultimate Platinum? What are you wearing?
• What do you think I should wear? Let me know.

Share your shopping wish. Leave a comment.

Technorati tags: Arthur Mendonça, fashion, fashion shows, fundraiser, Jason Malto, TFI, Toronto Fashion Incubator, Ultimate Platinum, weekly wish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments