Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Weekly wish - wedding ring redux

My love for fine jewellery is probably genetic. When he first came to Canada, my late grandfather became a jeweler. I learned to appreciate jewellery at a very young age.

I’ve always admired Anne Sportun’s gift for modern jewellery design. According to her website, her inspiration comes from the “...natural world around me.” I’m not sure how she makes the pieces in her collection, but they all look hand-made and have wonderful organic shapes. Each item is more beautiful than the next.

What I like most about her designs are their casual look and feel, while being very special at the same time. Casual elegance at it’s finest. Unfortunately, she opened her Experimetal Jewellery shop the year after our wedding.

So this week, I’m wishing for an engagement ring and wedding band makeover. I’m not sure exactly which of Anne’s designs I’d choose. I’ve included some of my favorites for you to ponder. Prices start around $1,400 and up. Which would you choose? Let me know. Leave a comment.

Well, great news. PR blogger extraordinaire, Ed Lee told me Experimetal is having a special sale. (Just in case you’re wondering, Experimetal isn’t one of his clients.) Thanks for sharing, Ed.

I’m not sure if I’ll remodel my rings, but I may be able to own a piece of wonderful jewellery at an affordable price.

What?
2nd Annual Sale: Anne Sportun • Experimetal Jewellery
Necklaces starting at $20! Earrings from $5!
(Update: In Anne’s own words “Huge discounts on discontinued designs...”according to our e-mail conversation.)

Where?
The Smith Gallery/Café
107 Shaw St. (just north of Queen St., east of Ossington)
(map)

When?
Apr. 28: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Apr. 29: noon to 5:00 p.m.
May 5: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
May 6: noon to 5:00 p.m.

Note:
All sales are final. Absolutely no exchanges, alterations or refunds (Visa, MC, Debit and Cash accepted.)

Technorati tags: Anne Sportun Experimetal Jewellery, jewelry, jewellery, rings, sales, wedding bands

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:34 pm

    i like the diamond cluster. but i just got my 'marriage' ring last year so not looking for more diamonds at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the Pave Perfection is growing on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No more spam please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:02 pm

    I also am a huge Ann Sportun fan. I live in LA and am lucky enough to live somewhere in the U.S. that actually sells her. If you check her website, she really isn't in many places out west. Or in general. But i really like her garnet rings. The colors are incredible, and i think if you're looking for a non-traditional ring it's hard to find something prettier than these. I have a Mali green one and can't stop looking at it. If you live in LA, you can try one on at Altered Space Gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous, thanks for stopping by and letting west coast readers know where they can buy Ann Sportun's designs in L.A. Hope you're enjoying your Mali ring. Wish I had one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:55 pm

    Just put the ring on your wish list! It seems that every month i have something new i save up for. And if it's really expensive..every few months. I figure, i work hard enough that i should be able to buy something once in a while that makes all the hard work seem worthwhile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great idea but I'm not sure Mr. B would be too happy about me buying another wedding ring. Maybe something else from her wonderful collection instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:42 pm

    haha..good point :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments