Saturday, July 14, 2007

Cumbrae’s: It’s mainly because of the meat

Feeding a family of four, especially with two growing boys, is expensive. But when it comes to food, I won’t sacrifice quality. I’m every brand manager’s dream 'cause I’m a sucker for name brands. I’ll bet anyone I can tell the difference in any soft drink taste test any day!

Until recently, I’d been buying all my meat at Loblaws with the exception of a couple of celebratory steaks from Pusateri’s. I started buying more meat and poultry at Costco - excellent quality and value. But then, from out of the woodwork, a best kept secret hiding out on Church just south of Wellesley moved uptown. Cumbrae's opened shop on Bayview at Manor Rd. I’d been told it was the best meat in town but I just figured that meant expensive. I just drooled from the outside.

It’s all his fault! A couple weeks ago my husband who had never heard of Cumbrae’s before, decided to step inside. He suggested I join him. So I did. We started slow and tried the Asian marinated chicken breast - grilled it on the BBQ. Until then, I thought chicken was chicken and the only difference was in the cooking. Boy, was I wrong. I'd never tasted anything like it before. Guess what? We’ve been back a couple times tried a few other things. Tonight was pepper steak - yummy!

Anyway, like I’ve said before, sometimes quality is the better bargain even when you’re paying a bit more. It’s worth it, trust me.

Where do you buy your meat? Are you a sucker for brand-name groceries too? Leave a comment.

Technorati tags: bbq, butcher, chicken, Costco, Cumbrae, groceries, Loblaws, Pusateri, steak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments