Thursday, August 02, 2007

Michelle Yorke Jewellery Designs



I discovered Michelle Yorke’s jewellery during my trip to Halifax. While at Lady Luck, a wonderful accessories shop located at the Historic Properties, I found a display case of Michelle’s collection. It reminded me of the fabulous Anita Cuff. It was my first full day in town and I wasn’t ready to part with my money.

I learned Michelle was a regular at the Farmers’ Market on Saturday mornings. The market is a favourite brunch spot whenever I’m in town, this visit was no exception.

Thanks to my aunt’s pre-brunch scouting, I found Michelle’s table. I felt like a kid in a candy store – she had a ton of stuff – there was everything from bracelets, to rings, watches, hair accessories, necklaces and watches. Every piece is made by hand from beads (glass, semi-precious stones or wood) intricately woven together with nickel-free stainless steel. Best of all, she offers it at wholesale prices. I picked up a great watch and a barrette.

I saw other pieces of her collection in a couple other galleries at higher prices. She has made quite a name for herself throughout the province. She’s been a member of the Nova Scotia Designer Crafts Council since 2001, I can see why. I’ve had nothing but compliments on my watch. Best of all, it’s a one-of-kind piece of art from my hometown.

Technorati tags: Halifax Farmers’ Market, Historic Properties, Michelle York Jewellery Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments