Tuesday, February 05, 2008

It’s not another meme; it’s an interview with Bargainista

When I first noticed Hope Robertson had tagged me in a meme, my first reaction was “Oh no! not another one”. I just did one a month ago. But this time it’s different. This one is more of an interview about the blog itself than information about me.

I’ve been asked these questions a lot lately so I thought it would make sense to participate. And for those of you unfamiliar with Hope’s blog, take a look. She’s a former ballerina with exquisite taste and a wonderful fashion sense.

1. What is the story behind the name of your blog?
I decided to launch a shopping blog but I didn’t have a name. Around the time, there was a whole lot of hoopla about customer service and Starbucks in the blogosphere. A Starbucks employee is called a Barista. Bargainista immediately came to mind, so I did a Google search and Bargainista it was!

2. Why did you start blogging in the first place?
I’d been lurking around social media circles for a while and was tired of being on the outside. I wanted to get hands-on blogging experience and learn more about the culture. Although my background is communications, marketing and web production, I wanted to do something different and something I could be passionate about. A light bulb went off in my head and Bargainista was born.

3. What is your best blogging experience? Your worst?
Best: The people I’ve met and the support I’ve received from readers as a result of blogging. I also enjoy when companies and authors participate in discussions.

The biggest surprise: Being mentioned in the same breath as Mitch Joel and Seth Godin by Mario Parisé on Happy Pixels.

Worst: Dealing with another blogger who is using my brand and is dismissive of trademark and copyright laws.

4. What do you think will happen to your blog in 2008?
I try not to think to hard and let it all happen organically. Good things come to those who wait. ; )

Now I want to hear from you: Mario Parisé, A.C. Riley, Henna Singh and Chris Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments