Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Weekly Wish – Nicole’s diamond necklace

Okay, so I’m a little freaky when it comes to diamonds. Yes, I know they are every girl’s best friend but only us girls with April birthdays can say diamonds are also their birthstone. Well, I’m one of those girls.

When it comes right down to it, I have pretty modest tastes and nowhere to wear all the incredible frocks and jewels bedazzling celebs at the Oscars – or anything remotely like them. ;) But that doesn’t mean I can’t drool over incredible diamond necklaces.

I barely watched this year’s Oscars but when Nicole Kidman walked across that stage, I couldn’t help but notice. She looked stunning in her lovely, long, black Balenciaga dress but it was that necklace that made my eyeballs pop out of my head. She wore a 1399-carat, rough and polished handmade diamond sautoir (with a mere 7,645 diamonds) designed by L’Wren Scott.

So, that’s it for my wish this week. I want one! A close knock-off will do.

5 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more! On Oscar night I was riveted by Nicole's necklace -- I think it made her the best-dressed of all. Like a diamond version of Louise Brooks!

    -thenewbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:59 pm

    I couldn't agree with your more. I'm not sure why there was so little mention of Nicole's ravishing attire during the post-Oscar fashion reviews.

    I LOVE that satoir! It took 6,200 hours to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an April girl too! April 5th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish she hadn't worn a competing neckline with that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Henna, We'll have to celebrate! Isn't Adrian's b-day on the first?

    Alexandra, Funny, her neckline didn't bother me. I think I was so fixated on her satoir I didn't notice. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments