Saturday, March 22, 2008

Tip of the Week – Three tips from twitter pals

I thought I’d try something new this week and ask some of my pals on twitter for their shopping tips.

Even at dinnertime on Saturday night, I got some terrific responses…

Alexandra Clark of Cheap Eats fame shared her timely grocery tip:
“Food shopping tip - you can get a fantastic deal on meat if you hit a 24-hour grocery store the day before a statutory holiday.”

John Meadows from the new On the Log podcast (more about that in an upcoming post) had two great tips to share:

“If I don’t want to be bothered by sales people as soon as I enter a store, I put my iPod headphones on :)

Another one - don’t get extended warranties on most electronics; they are a 90% profit for retailers.”

I’ve tried the iPod thing too and it works. Sometimes I even have it turned off!

I think I’ll try this more often. Of course, if you have a tip to share, send me an e-mail and I’ll do my best to include it on the blog. ;).

Photo credit: the girl on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments