Sunday, December 28, 2008

:10 Minute Manicures

If you’ve been following the blog for a while, you’ll know I’m pretty low maintenance when it comes to my beauty regimen except when it comes to my nails. I love mani-pedis. So when I found myself with a long wait at the airport en route to Vancouver last Friday and spotted the :10 Minute Manicure kiosk, I had to check it out.

The service was fast and friendly. The polish selection is adequate and it’s private label so don’t expect to find your favourite shade of Essie or OPI. I missed the hand massage I’m used to at my regular salon – I could have splurged for one for an extra $7 but didn’t bother.

As for the final results, my nails looked great for the first day but that didn’t last long. Two days later, I had chips on 6 nails! I was on vacation, so it wasn’t like I was doing housework or working away at my keyboard. I usually can stretch a manicure for a week with fewer chips when I’m at home.

:10 Minute Manicure is a chain from Florida with five Canadian locations, three of which are at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport, one at Ottawa International Airport and another at West Edmonton Mall. Manicures $20, various nail care, massage and teeth whitening services are also available. Their website says you can walk-in or call in for an appointment. However, in Toronto, they just seem to take walk-ins on a first-come-first served basis (i.e. customers were unable to make appointments even while at the airport).

Have you seen any interesting services or shops at the airport lately?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

  1. i saw this at the toronto airport too! i was tempted to try! good review - i will try it next time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:46 pm

    It was a fun way to pass the time and make up for the mani appt. I had to cancel the night before. I just wish it lasted longer. The staff and other clientele were friendly too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:00 pm

    the mani would be ok if 1) you don't mind paying a lot and 2) if you don't use a nailpolish that is anything but the most nude, neutral,maybe don't even risk that.

    Your nail will look awful by the time you board your flight.

    Big rip-off

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your feedback is important to me. I read every single comment and do my best to reply.

Note: Anonymous comments and spam will be deleted.

ClickComments